Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Always a work in progress...

Life, relationships, this blog, what ever next great idea I come up with...always seems to be a work in progress...
Funny how things that first sound like a great idea take on a whole other life when you put those ideas into motion.  Kind of like my cute little doggie print in the previous post who has since found a completely different home than what I originally had planned.  I have had all sorts of ideas on how I want our bedroom to look and I have finally narrowed it down.  It has taken on a vintage feel...kind of a 20's classic elegance with modern updates. I love vintage! I love character more than anything...and that is why it is so hard for me to actually pick a theme and stick with it!  I can't help it.  I love fun unique items.  I see one cool trinket and suddenly a whole new world of ideas comes flooding in. 

A few awesome items that I have inherited  FINALLY came back from the painter.  My grandmother's drop leaf oak table and hutch are now residing perfectly in my kitchen and bedroom.  We put the drop leaf table and chairs in the kitchen of course and opted to place the hutch in the bedroom as a tv cosnole...just needs new knobs.

 Its always a work in progress but as long as it makes me happy, I enjoy the time spent doing it, and I am always making steps toward the final product, then progress can take its sweet time...I'm not in any rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment